14 Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers Jobs In Manila
Our Client which is an international company looking for Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers who will be based in Philippines.
Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers Also known as:
Cement Mason, Cement Patcher, Concrete Finisher, Concrete Floor Installer, Concrete Mason, Concrete Smoother, Concrete Swimming Pool Installer.
Job Reference number: Philippines -8852- 16
Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
Build wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools.
Wet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish.
Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
Building and Construction Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
Administration and Management Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Mathematics Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Manual Dexterity The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
Arm-Hand Steadiness The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
Trunk Strength The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
Monitoring Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Coordination Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Leveling and texturizing concrete surfaces are the focal job duties.
- The finisher checks the concrete forms for appropriate depths and angles before the cement is poured.
- Removes surface imperfections before the concrete has fully hardened.
- Must clearly communicate with other contractors to coordinate job stages.
- Performs other duties as determined and required by project need.
- Good hand and power tool skills.
- Knowledge of surface designs that prevent slippage and water collection is necessary.
- Basic math skills to accurately calculate dimensions of forms and molds.
Promoting from within
- Under direction, prepare, mix, lay and finish cement and concrete to grade and contour; perform related work.
- Mix cement and concrete and prepare and set forms for cement laying.
- Lay cement or concrete for floors, pavements, walks, foundations and retaining walls (plain or reinforced). Screed and finish cement and/or concrete to grade and contour as required.
- Prepare material requisitions for specific job requirements.
- Safeguard Parks & Recreation property, tools and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records and produce reports pertaining to assigned tasks.
- Safeguard work environment protecting the public and assigned personnel.
- Interact with staff and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- May supervise assigned personnel.
2 years of full-time satisfactory experience as a cement mason; or At least three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a cement mason, plus sufficient full-time experience as a mason’s helper, or relevant training acquired in an approved trade school, technical school or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining experience.
Six months of required experience will be credited for each year of mason’s helper experience or approved training.
This position requires extraordinary physical effort.
Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.