16 Estimator Jobs in Jakarta
Job Reference number: Indonesia -1125- 26
Estimator Job Description
The Estimator assists either the Senior Estimator or Lead Estimator in the development of accurate, timely and detailed cost estimates on large, complex heavy mechanical construction projects for bid-build, design-build, and Engineer, Procure and Construct (EPC) projects. The Estimator supports delivery of properly organized estimates, budgets and schedules, including managing The Company’s risk. The Estimator will be responsible for accurate quantity surveys, preparation of subcontractor and vendor work scopes, quote analysis, and estimating the cost of self-perform work. The Estimator will be a self-starter and work efficiently with some supervision. The Estimator must be able to meet critical deadlines and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aid in developing full-scope cost estimates based on proposal documentation on a variety of bid build, design build and EPC projects for various public and private clients
- Interpret and analyze project drawings and technical specifications, proposals and other documentation
- Responsible for accurate, detailed quantity take-offs from project drawings and technical specifications
- Assist in developing the initial project plan and project execution schedule
- Responsible for the preparation and documentation of project estimate using HCSS estimating software, following estimating policy and procedures
- Prepare detailed, comprehensive subcontractor and vendor work scopes
- Solicit subcontractor and vendor quotations
- Analyze and compare subcontractor and vendor quotations. Liaise with subcontractors and vendors for clarification of issues and scope
- Estimate cost for discrete portions of work under the supervision of the Senior or Lead Estimator
- Present and promote work product and findings to senior and executive management
- Perform research for means and methods, materials, costs and construction techniques and services
- Perform site visits on pursuits and ongoing projects, attend industry trade and outreach events
Job Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to read drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and present solutions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong math and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Good time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to abide by The Company’s Code of Conduct
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Understand, comply with and support The Company’s safety initiatives
- Understand, comply with and support The Company’s M/W/DBE initiatives
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to understand and follow directions; dependability
- Desire to learn and grow; self-motivated for success
Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering Construction Management or similar technical training/experience.
Cost Estimator Level 2 jobs
Environmental Engineering consulting firm has an immediate opening for Senior Construction Cost Estimators. The candidate will be responsible to perform and oversee the development of detailed construction cost estimates, and will also be responsible to supervise, manage and lead a four member cost estimating department.
The Cost Estimating Manager will provide both technical and managerial direction to insure the objectives, schedule, and quality of each estimate are met. The candidate will actively perform and/or supervise estimating of projects for multiple project managers, and manage the estimating staff resources in delivery of multiple tasks and assignments.
The projects generally include construction of new and the rehabilitation of existing water and wastewater infrastructure. The work for estimates will vary and will include preparation of estimates during the planning, design and construction phases of municipal and other public work projects focused in the New York/Metro area. Estimates typically have significant amounts of heavy construction with large piping and mechanical systems, and generally include civil/site work, structural, architectural, process mechanical, electrical power and distribution, instrumentation and controls, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development of construction cost estimate over various phases of a project in its life cycle.
- Account and document changes in estimate values made of the project life cycle due to changes in scope, understanding of cost needs, schedule, etc.
- Prepare a written basis of estimate report associated with estimates.
- Determine estimate labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand bid documents and assess project risks.
- Review project implementation logistics and project schedule as related to the basis of estimate.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare construction change orders for ongoing construction projects.
- Attend and contribute at meetings with project team members.
- Serve as interface with Owner on details of estimates
- Manage subconsultant services that may be used to develop certain aspects of estimates.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction cost estimating
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing estimating teams
- B.S. degree in Engineering or other construction and estimating related field
- Certified Professional Estimator (CSP) preferred
- Computer skills with experience with software estimating program software, including Timberline
- Must work effectively with estimating staff and other project team members
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills
The Company is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies,
serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater,
healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 33 metro areas worldwide, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Job, Bid management, Preconstruction, Estimating, Estimator ,Cost Estimator
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.