16 Social worker jobs in Delhi
Our Client which is an international company looking for Social workers who will be based in India.
Job Reference number: India -3698- 14
Social worker Job Description
Under general supervision, performs duties involving liaison activities between City agencies, local residents, and community organizations. In addition to performing duties of Assignment Level I at a higher level, also performs the following:
Examples of Typical Tasks:
- Directs staff or works as a team with other community liaison workers in the performance of liaison activities; may supervise or coordinate field office operations or operational units.
- Consults and maintains liaison with residents, landlords, representatives of community organizations, students, parents, staff of schools, unions and other public and private agencies.
- Explains programs and policies to community groups and to community liaison contacts and interprets and relays information from the community.
- Participates in the planning, organization and implementation of programs involving community participation. Collects, evaluates, and reports information regarding community needs and objectives; communicates findings to appropriate agencies for necessary action. Assists in the conduct of outreach programs.
- Assists in mediating problems between the community and schools, hospitals, and other City agencies for residents and community groups in the City.
- Works as a member of an interdisciplinary team assisting in providing supportive therapy and making referrals to City agencies, social service agencies, community organizations and other organizations that provide health and social services.
- Counsels community residents, property owners, local businesses and groups on their rights and obligations and on available community and governmental resources.
- Makes recommendations on effective mobilization for participation in community development and program feasibility and improvement.
- Recommends policies, procedures, and priorities for City agencies in dealing with schools, residents, and community groups.
- Interviews community residents and assists them in completing forms; completes other relevant reports and forms and performs related clerical work.