18 Accounting Clerk jobs in Delhi
Job Reference number: India -4771- 77
Accounting Clerk job Summary
Established in 1981, Our Client’s Company is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America and Europe; Our Client’s Company enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compares figures and totals on documents with statement of accounts submitted by accounting department to verify accuracy of documents.
- Receives payments and coordinates with Accounts Receivable Department to ensure payment of freight. Notifies Cargo Checker to examine shipment when discrepancies are found. Checks for discrepancies on accounting records or manifest.
- Plan and coordinate to assist customers with any shipment inquiries or freight release at the terminal/warehouse.
- Coordinator with any third-party on the release of CFS shipments to ensure shipments are delivered to the warehouse on time.
- Check the terminal for freight and customs release.
- Consistently communicate and update customers, overseas offices and steamship lines via e-mail and telephone regarding the status of freight release.
- Manage all aspects of daily bank deposits: scan and file copies of all received checks, maintain log of all cash receipts, utilize remote scanner to process check deposits, prepare related journal entries.
- Maintain accounting records, scan and file supporting documentation for cash receipts.
- Perform monthly audit of cash receipts to ensure journals and all supporting documentation are compliant for year-end audit.
- Research and record daily bank deposits including checks, wires, ACH, drawdowns, returned wires and credit transactions as well as adjustments relating to bank fees, interest and reclassifications of incorrect funds in SAP in a timely manner.
- Weekly reviews of unidentified cash receipts and travel expenses; investigate/ communicate with vendors and/or program staff to resolve in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts including the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, including managing petty cash. Enter monthly journal entries to the General Ledger to assist with completing monthly close.
- Support Pre-paid Debit Card Program
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong data entry and typing skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Full Health Insurance Premium (Medical and Dental)
- Life and AD&D Insurance Coverage, Vacation/Personal/Floating Days.
- Annual performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment. Annual bonus determined by overall performance.
- After 1 full year of employment; 401K retirement plan with up to a 3% company match.