18 Cashier jobs in Manila
Job Reference number: Philippines -7854- 25
Cashier Job Description:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide excellent customer service to people shopping in stores. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies.
The Cashier is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with their shopping needs, answering customer inquiries, and resolving customer complaints.
- Complete customer transactions on the cash register.
- Reconcile cash register drawers at the end of the shift.
- Ensure the appearance of the store is pleasing to the customer and meets the requirements of the corporate office, including all housekeeping tasks.
- Stock store shelves and end-caps with merchandise when it is delivered to the store.
- Ensure the proper identification is produced when selling alcohol, tobacco, and lottery tickets, if applicable.
- Assist with the operation of the One-hour Photo department, if applicable.
- Build displays of merchandise and complete new plan-o-grams sent from the corporate offices.
- Complete inventory counts and order merchandise based on the results.
- Put up signs that identify items on sale in weekly advertisements and take down this signage when the sale is over.
- Assist with price markdowns and changes for merchandise on the shelves.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
- Ability to work day, evening, or night shift(s).
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
Your role will include assisting customers during the checkout process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at customer service desk on occasion. Additionally you will work to maintain attractive Customer Service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Follow through on all Customer questions and requests. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
- Assist supervisors in controlling customer flow and backed up lines; help to reduce waiting time for customers
- Follow proper procedures for customer check out, handling of tenders, use of tares, sales of alcoholic beverages, and use of PLUs and UPCs
- Follow all cash handling procedures; Understand, meet and exceed regional cashier variance policy (CVP)
- Keep the Customer Service department clean, well stocked, and organized, change tapes and ribbon as needed, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices
- Support global, regional, and store programs
- Answer department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous Front End or Customer Service experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to learn about natural and organic foods and products
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Use of box cutters
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and
- Below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.