Compliance Officer jobs in Los Angeles
Job Reference number: USA - 2001 - 21
Compliance Officer Job Information
The company is looking for experienced Compliance Officers to join Compliance Team! The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing, implement and administrating an effective Compliance Management Program. The program enables the bank to achieve ongoing compliance with applicable banking laws, rules and regulations promulgated by various regulatory agencies.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of banking laws and regulations with applied experience in bank compliance.
- Ability to independently conduct research on consumer and banking regulatory laws and regulations and provide interpretations or clarifications to compliance and business management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Verifies monthly CRA/HMDA and other lending data to original source information.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts compliance monitoring and internal reviews
- High degree of initiative and organizational skills to work independently in an efficient manner
- Analytical skills, including Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables
- Project management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of banking compliance experience
- Strong computer aptitude with particular emphasis on spreadsheet programs and database management.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
Enhance and maintain the Compliance programs;
- Interface with the CCOs, operations, legal and business units, as appropriate, to identify and resolve conflicts of interest and address issues that arise in the conduct of business;
- Handle regulatory inquiries and manage on-site examinations;
- Prepare/conduct training;
- Be informed of and anticipate changes in regulatory regimes in each jurisdiction and implement appropriate changes to compliance practices and policies;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and lead projects relating to the enhancement of compliance procedures, policies and internal controls that support the advisory business; and
- Represent Investments Compliance on Interdepartmental and Intercompany working groups
Characteristics and Attributes
- Importantly, the Compliance Officer will be expected to be a strong collaborator who will foster relationships across the firm and coordinate regularly and constructively with all relevant functional groups. The Compliance Officer will serve as a strong steward for the firm who will interface with senior management on compliance matters.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Superior judgment in assessing potential compliance matters, the application of industry developments to the business and knowing when to seek independent advice and when to act independently.
- Strong project management skills.
- Decisive and mature.
- Ability to tailor Compliance solutions to business conditions.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to solve complex problems in a collaborative manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Qualified and successful candidates will have at least 2-5 years of experience working extensively within information security, information technology, and systems operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or equivalent experience required.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly regarded professional with a proven record as a self starter and team player who is able to work with the business to develop and implement Compliance solutions that are pragmatic, effective and forward-looking, spot risks and trouble shoot.
- The candidate will be able to work successfully with a diverse set of individuals and constituencies.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.