18 Computer System Administrator jobs in New York
Computer System Administrator jobs description
The Computer System Admin position is needed so that the various corporate infrastructure components function at a high level of reliability. To accomplish this, this person must work to ensure that hardware and/or software are maintained and patched in a manner that meets the needs of the organization. She/he will perform a variety of tasks, while working with the Supervisor on task and priorities. This position requires 2 years of experience at a minimum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
With direction from the System Engineering Supervisor, Computer System Administrator
Will be responsible for the following task (but not limited to):
Installation/moving of computer equipment (including but not limited to workstations, servers, switches, routers.)
Consult with end users and consultants to identify computer and networking issues to include Level 2 Help Desk support
Apply systems analysis tools and techniques to resolve identified issues
Document all trouble tickets
Communicate with end users on the status of tickets, in a timely manner
Determine when it is necessary to consult with others, including SEG team members, Telecomm/WAN, Business Analysts and outside subject matter expert (SME) to resolve issues or enhance processes.
Preform server health checks.
Basic A/D Administration
Basic Cisco switching
Maintain Backup application and jobs.
Verifies on a daily basis that jobs are completed and takes corrective action when they are not.
Ensure tapes are taken off-site daily (except for weekends and holidays).
Maintain/enhance WinTel servers to achieve uptime goals of 99.95%.
Maintain AD distribution groups and security groups for support of the facility.
Perform server health checks
Perform a wide variety of duties involved in the installation, repair, and maintenance of Cisco switches and routers to maintain uptime.
Maintain Cisco switches to achieve uptime goals of 99.95%.
Maintain backups of the various switches that support all networks at the facilities.
Visit various sites to determine what level of support/enhancement is needed.
Be part of the SEG call rotation (24/7 every third or fourth week)
Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
Excellent trouble shooting skills
Windows Server A/D administration
LAN/WAN installation and maintenance, including V-LANs, Wireless WLAN, MPLS and IPSec VPNs
Ability to travel at any given time on short notice.
Computer Systems Administrator Level 2 Jobs:
Our Corporation IT Shared Services has few immediate opening for a Systems Administrator in our office, CO facility. In general, this position maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, Installing system-wide software and allocating mass storage space.
Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
More specifically, this position provides the following support:
1) Desktop Support - Oversee the daily performance of desktop computer systems, install software, image workstations, troubleshoot hardware and software issues. Document work in helpdesk software package (Remedy). Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems and questions about company supplied software suites which include Microsoft Windows 7, Office 2010/2013 and other in-house applications. Attend IT group meetings and collaborate with other IT Team members.
2) Local Data Center Support (LDC) – Oversee the day-to-day hardware and data structures of the servers on the legacy Exelis network. Create folders and set permissions as needed on the servers. Keep servers updated with patches.
3) Classified Desktop Support - Oversee the daily performance of desktop computer systems, install software, troubleshoot hardware and software issues. Document work in helpdesk software package (Remedy). Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems and questions about company supplied software suites which include Red Hat Linux/CentOS, development tools, and some Microsoft Windows 7, Office 2010/2013. Support the patching of the clients to keep them up-to-date.
4) Classified LDC/Network Support - Oversee the day-to-day hardware and data structures of the servers and network in the classified area. Understand and support VMWare ESX structure, mostly running Red Hat Linux servers. Support the patching of servers to keep them current. Create folder and set permissions as needed on the servers. Need to have some networking knowledge to be able to modify switch/router settings if needed.
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in IT, CS, or related field.
* 2+ years directly related experience
* Advanced MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel Skills.
Preferred Additional Skills:
* Windows 7, Office 2010/2013, Red Hat Linux, Solaris (Unix), VMWare ESX, CentOS, Symantec NetBackup, Symantec Altiris
Travel Requirements: Less than 25%
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.