- 1 19 Bus - Van Driver jobs in New York
- 1.1 Bus / Van Drivers Principle duties and responsibilities
- 1.2 Job Requirements
- 1.3 SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 1.4 PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 1.5 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1.6 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1.7 REQUIREMENTS
- 1.8 Qualification Requirements:
- 1.9 Education/Experience Required:
- 1.10 License Requirement:
- 1.11 Availability to Work:
- 1.12 Language Skills:
- 1.13 Mathematical Skills:
- 1.14 Appearance:
- 1.15 Physical Demands:
- 1.16 Apply Today
19 Bus - Van Driver jobs in New York
Job Reference number: USA -4578- 14
The Bus & Van Driver is responsible for providing transportation for community residents. He assists in planning, coordinating, and implementing all activities requiring van transportation as appropriate.
Bus / Van Drivers Principle duties and responsibilities
- Maintains vehicles in accordance with warranty requirements and/or internal maintenance plan to ensure safe, working order
- Represents the community with a positive attitude and pride when interacting with potential residents and families
- Develops and practices the “30-second commercial' and uses it to greet visitors
- Monitors individual resident needs in ambulation
- Must be hands-on with residents getting into and out of van to ensure their safety
- Acts as Activity Assistant when on excursions; stays with group at all times except for when parking the van
- Assists in planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating activities
- Participates in in-service training as required by state regulations
Bus Driver / Van Driver
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding residents, staff, and the community
- Maintains a current understanding of procedures if an accident should occur with the van, with or without residents on board
- Follows proper reporting procedures
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities
- Completes assignments in a timely manner while managing multiple duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work in an environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity
- Has patience, high energy, and resourcefulness in problem solving
Physical stamina and ability to assist residents or lift residents where needed and in emergencies.
Basic Function: Responsible for the proper and safe operation of shuttle buses, transporting passengers to and from the airline terminals and parking garage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting customers with luggage and other traveling items.
- Performing vehicle inspections, maintaining cleanliness of bus interiors, fueling of buses, logging trip counts and assisting disabled passengers.
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license to be carried with driver, at all times, while on duty.
- Have and maintain an acceptable DMV record.
- Courteously assist Customers by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the Customer to the Facility Manager for further assistance.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to garage office.
- Substitute for Cashiers or Valets, when necessary, if authorized.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Assist Facility Manager with other duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Availability to Work:
Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.