23 Social worker jobs in Cairo
Job Reference number: Egypt -2300- 17
Social worker Job Description
Under general supervision, performs duties involving liaison activities between City agencies, local residents, and community organizations. In addition to performing duties of Assignment Level I at a higher level, also performs the following:
Examples of Typical Tasks:
- Directs staff or works as a team with other community liaison workers in the performance of liaison activities; may supervise or coordinate field office operations or operational units.
- Consults and maintains liaison with residents, landlords, representatives of community organizations, students, parents, staff of schools, unions and other public and private agencies.
- Explains programs and policies to community groups and to community liaison contacts and interprets and relays information from the community.
- Participates in the planning, organization and implementation of programs involving community participation. Collects, evaluates, and reports information regarding community needs and objectives; communicates findings to appropriate agencies for necessary action. Assists in the conduct of outreach programs.
- Assists in mediating problems between the community and schools, hospitals, and other City agencies for residents and community groups in the City.
- Works as a member of an interdisciplinary team assisting in providing supportive therapy and making referrals to City agencies, social service agencies, community organizations and other organizations that provide health and social services.
- Counsels community residents, property owners, local businesses and groups on their rights and obligations and on available community and governmental resources.
- Makes recommendations on effective mobilization for participation in community development and program feasibility and improvement.
- Recommends policies, procedures, and priorities for City agencies in dealing with schools, residents, and community groups.
- Interviews community residents and assists them in completing forms; completes other relevant reports and forms and performs related clerical work.
For Appointment to Level 1
- One year of full-time experience in a government agency or community organization in providing community services to the public or in assisting members of the community in obtaining community services; or
- Completion of an approved six month training program of combined classroom training and on-the-job experience in community liaison work, plus six months of full-time experience as described in “1” above.
For Appointment to Level 2
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements of Assignment Level I, appointment to Level 2 requires:
- Two additional years of full-time experience in counseling, community work or community health activities in a government agency or community organization engaged in providing community services to the public, assisting members of the community in obtaining community services or maintaining liaison with schools, community organizations or other government agencies for the purpose of providing assistance and obtaining participation and support for implementation of community or public service programs; or
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” above. Study at an accredited college in sociology, psychology or other behavioral science may be substituted on the basis of 30 semester credits for each year of the experience described above. However, all persons must have at least one year of the full-time experience described above.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.