26 Truck Driver jobs and Delivery Driver jobs in Karachi
Job Reference number: Pakistan -2311- 29
Truck Driver Basic Purpose
The primary function of this position is to drive a truck/ tractor / trailer / MAZDA etc, and manually unload, using a hand truck or two-wheeler on metal truck ramps, various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies) to customer drop-off sites while providing excellent customer service. Return the empty trailer to the distribution center. All functions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Truck Driver Description
- Perform all pre-trip responsibilities including: obtaining and reviewing driver itinerary, checking route numbers and account numbers for assigned deliveries, counting items and checking customer invoices of products that have been loaded, moving tractors to the loading dock to attach the preloaded trailers, completing required trailer temperature checks and performing pre-trip safety check inspections of trucks and trailers according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet the scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rate to meet delivery schedules. Use electronic time keeping system to log in time at customer site.
- Visually survey customer's site during the approach to determine hazards.
- Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place items in designated customer storage areas.
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Contact division management for authorization of invoice discrepancies and communicate all errors and returns.
- As requested by management, drive backhauls which requires picking up product from vendors and bring back to warehouse for receiving while staying within DOT Hours of Service (HOS) regulations.
- Return tractor and trailer to division when route is completed.
- Perform all post-trip responsibilities: unloading damaged goods and customer returns and completing necessary paperwork; performing safety checks on the truck and trailer, unhooking and securing the trailer; fueling (as required by the division); parking and securing the tractor and hand truck; completing DOT logs (electronic or manual as required) and company vehicle maintenance reports (DVIR) and reconcile these with the appropriate company representative as required.
- Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
High School Diploma/GED preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations. Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and ability to work with money collected from customers to ensure the amount collected matches the invoiced amount. Must have a valid Drivers License.
Must be able to use, or learn to use, all equipment, global positioning systems (GPS) i.e. XATA, POD, and tools used to perform the job. Must be able to perform all job functions safely. Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position. Must know/have ability to learn material safety data sheet information regarding all material used within the scope of the work. Must be able to perform coupling procedures for the Tractor/Trailer. Must have excellent customer service skills. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must successfully complete the DOT written examination for drivers and pass a controlled substance abuse screening test. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, including applying tire chains if needed. Must adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
Entry level store positions capable of supporting delivery of parts to commercial customers. The role has the responsibility to deliver parts to our commercial customers and assist with task and inventory processes in the store.
- Safely deliver parts to customers as needed
- Pick and stage parts for customer orders
- Pick up returns and cores
- Drop off weekly / monthly sales flyer
- Daily collection of credit accounts
- Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot
- General stocking including truck stocking and back stock
- Basic driving and navigation ability
- Ability to use delivery board system
- Friendly communication
- Ability to locate and stock parts
- Safety knowledge and skills
- Operating inventory systems (Back stock) and store equipment
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Driver
- Speak and write English (Spanish a plus); communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals
- Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, and weekends as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Driver up for Success
Automotive parts experience is preferred
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have a valid driver's license
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.