27 Civil Engineer jobs in Seoul, South Korea
Civil Engineer Job Description
- Prepares designs, plans, and specifications for Civil/Structural Construction projects related to new construction or renovations.
- Prepares budget and construction bid estimates for civil/structural projects and reviews consultant cost estimates.
- Acts as an expert consultant on structural design and analysis.
- Reviews shop drawings submitted by Contractors.
- Conducts field investigations for civil/structural problems at facilities.
- Reviews consultant's designs and specifications of existing and new structures.
- Performs computations and structural analyses of various structures.
- Supervises and conducts field survey and construction inspections.
- Plans, assigns, and reviews the work of subordinates.
- Engages in or supervises the conduct or supervises the conduct of complex and important research, investigations, studies or examinations related to the engineering functions or activities of the Bureau/Agency.
- Prepares studies and reports on load effects, strength of materials, structural safety, elasticity, creep, deformation, flow, fracture, fatigue, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
Site/civil development design including grading, roadway, storm water management systems design, hydraulic and hydrology design, erosion and sediment control design and water distribution system design.
Preparation of all associated calculations, reports and spreadsheets.
Collaborating and managing design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans.
- S. in Civil Engineering required.
- 4 years of experience required
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, InRoads and Microsoft office is required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Minimum Qual Requirements
Four (4) years of full-time, satisfactory experience in civil engineering work; and
Degree in civil engineering
In addition to above qualification requirements, to be eligible for placement in Assignment Levels II and III, individuals must have at least one year within the last three years of experience as a major contributor or a project leader on a complex project requiring additional and specific expertise in the disciplines needed to design or construct the project.
- Driver’s license.
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability/potential to work effectively and motivate project teams in supporting roles.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support substation (energy) projects from civil and structural engineering standpoint
- Design and engineer foundations and supporting structures for equipment
- Work closely with designers and draftsmen to review/prepare IFC drawings
- Support licensing and permitting efforts
- Provide guidance for station grading, storm water etc.
- Prepare calculation packages for shallow and deep foundations based on soil conditions
- Work closely with electrical engineers to help with physical design
- Utilize finite element method structural programs to design substation above ground steel structures
Capabilities and Credentials:
- Owners Engineer experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field of study
- 4 years of engineering experience in a consulting environment, providing multidisciplinary EPCM services to the electrical utility sector
- Experience with design of substation above ground steel structures and engineer foundations is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Well versed in commonly used project delivery models
- Strong understanding and experienced in planning/scheduling techniques; earned value methods; and cost and risk management
- Experience working with a major electrical utility would be desirable
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.