28 Internal Auditor jobs in Chicago, IL
Job Reference number: Chicago-2236- 07
The Company is currently recruiting Internal Auditors to audit, conduct business process reviews, and support business initiatives in an integrated systems environment. This position provides the successful candidate with an ideal opportunity to contribute to the organizations’ control environment and learn business processes in a period of unprecedented growth.
The Company Internal Audit staff gain a broad perspective across the Company through varied short-term assignments that can range from unique special projects for new and existing businesses to supporting audit engagements in a dynamic setting.
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a "Big 4" accounting/consulting environment and/or experience in conducting financial and operational audits in a multi-national company.
• Experience in conducting contract audits of vendors, contractors and other business partners that support the company.
• Capable of performing risk assessments and identifying key controllable business and financial risks.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, design, and execute financial and operational audit plans and programs
• Familiarity with auditing in an integrated systems environment (SAP)
• Experienced in conducting internal financial audits of public and/or private companies; SOX experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Must possess good problem identification and analytical skills.
• Ability to develop and write meaningful reports and presentations.
• Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams.
• Excellent written and verbal English skills required.
• Good presentation skills with proficiency in presentation, spreadsheet, word processing and database programs.
• Good organization skills required.
• Possess an understanding of auditing business processes in an integrated systems environment.
• Willing to travel as needed.
The Advanced Auditor focuses primarily on performing audits, special investigations of Hot Line allegations, and consulting engagements in accordance to the Internal Audit (IA) manuals and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards. Engagements typically entail a combination of operational, financial, and compliance elements. Work is performed independently with little supervision and includes independent examination and analysis of risks, processes, internal controls, complex reports, records, and financial data. The Advanced Auditor must document, justify and defend audit findings and management reports for unprecedented and controversial cases, including HotLine allegations and will serve as technical resource for unique and unprecedented issues and situations.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or discipline related to the program area, with nine credit hours of accounting coursework; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions. As per General Statute: 143-739 any internal auditor employed by the State shall, at a minimum, have the following: Graduation from a Four-Year College or University and Certification or Licensure as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Information System Auditor, Professional Engineer, or Attorney; or Graduation From a Four-Year college or University and a Minimum of Five Years of Experience in Internal or External auditing, Management consulting, Program Evaluation, Management analysis, Economic analysis, industrial Engineering, or Operations Research.
Advanced level audit knowledge and skills in performing complex audits and analyses of highly specialized programmatic functions and processes in continuously new subject areas. Professional judgment must be used to determine accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory and procedural compliance of all processes, programs and systems reviewed.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Primarily responsible for the following:
• Conduct financial and operational audits as well as business process reviews throughout The Company’s global operations.
• Diagnose operational risks and process improvement opportunities.
• Develop close but independent working relationships with management in all areas of the business.
• Develop recommendations to improve financial and operational controls.
• Ensure that transactions are accounted for in accordance with established company policies and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Work closely with the managers of Internal Audit and various staff on diversified projects.
• Develop reports and presentations on project findings and recommendations to senior management.
• Support and/or lead special projects, including litigation support.
• Develop, implement, and monitor process and policy changes throughout an organization.
• Provide a review of financial processes and procedures in order to evaluate best practices, efficiency and compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
• Coordinate with process and control owners for SOX quarterly certifications; coordinate with process owners for annual process document updates; coordinate with external auditors on audit issues around compliance.
• Conduct internal investigations of company violations and other legal matters.
• Other duties as assigned
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.