34 Dental assistant jobs in New York,
It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly,have a “can do” personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental instruments and proper tray setups.
- Properly take digital x-rays.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Responsible for stocking treatment areas/carts and dental related facility inventory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental treatment equipment maintenance procedures.
- Patient/staff rapport -- make positive contribution to office/organization.
- Perform basic computer function.
- Demonstrate cost effective techniques when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
What You’ll Do:
- Carries out the duties and responsibilities supportive of and complementary to the welfare and care of the dental clinic patients
- Performs chair side assisting in all phases of dentistry
- Takes and develops all necessary radiographs
- Places dental chart and patient in assigned room
- Checks and maintains inventory of supplies in the clinical area and operatories
- Maintains and cleans clinic equipment on a daily/weekly basis
- Reports all broken or malfunctioning equipment to the Dental Hygienist Supervisor and in her absence the Clinical Coordinator
- Participates in the cleansing, wrapping and sterilization of all clinic equipment
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.