42 Carpenter Jobs in New York
Job Status Full Time
Education Required High School
Experience Required 1-2 Years
The ideal candidate should be capable of performing basic and complex carpentry and maintenance tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of Company facilities The Carpenter will construct, modify, and maintain buildings in addition to wood structures by following verbal and written instructions.
Other responsibilities include:
-Uses hand, portable, and fixed tools common to the building and cabinetmaking industries.
-Works from prints, sketches, and verbal instructions.
-Performs complex construction tasks requiring a high degree of technical skill and experience.
-Performs other carpentry or maintenance duties under the direction of the Lead Carpenter.
- Under supervision, does installation and repair work involving rough, finish and general carpentry; performs related work.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces flooring, partitions, window frames and sashes, door frames and doors, and other related components of buildings and structures.
- Installs repairs and replaces boardwalks, fences and screens.
- Builds and repairs tool boxes, movable and fixed sashes, doors and wooden office furniture, playground, park and school equipment.
- Builds and rebuilds wooden components of trucks.
- Is familiar with, uses, and operates both hand and power tools and equipment.
- Works from blueprints and drawings.
- May supervise assigned personnel.
- Follows all appropriate safely procedures in the performance of assigned tasks.
The Carpenter is under direct supervision of the Supervisor of Plant Maintenance performs a variety of duties relating to various carpentry skills including but not limited to; woodworking, cabinetry, trimming, sheet rocking, flooring, glazing and building renovation.
Duties include: Works with plastic laminate in fabricating furniture, shelving or cabinetry.
- Works from drawings and/or verbal instructions to determine materials needed and scope of work assignment.
- Installs, adjusts and repairs doors and hardware including; locks, closures, stops, hinges etc.
- Performs construction and renovation work indoors or outdoors using various building materials.
- Exercises initiative and judgment in cutting lumber and using materials so as to avoid waste and is able to adapt materials to requirements of particular problems.
- Ensures adequate inventory of carpentry supplies and materials and maintains work area in clean and orderly fashion. Operates various woodworking and related machinery such as; saws, drills, lathes, planners, sanders, etc.
- Maintains records of PM's, Maintenance, and Inspections noting defects and deficiencies and tags defective equipment for non-use when necessary.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and repair parts and assists in preparation of requisitions as necessary.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.