45 Bookeeping / Accounting Clerk jobs in Tokyo, Japan
Job Reference number: Japan-5982- 10
Bookkeeping Clerk Job Summary
The Accounting Clerk works with the Accounting Team and Property Managers to ensure accurate, timely, and customer service focused accounting to the communities. The position will provide administrative accounting, clerical, and bookkeeping duties for residential, commercial, and senior living properties.
Entry level bookkeeping role with room for advancement. The division is experiencing dramatic growth, this role will entail working closely with the head of the department to manage funds flows and other monthly reconciliations. As you learn the business, the position can expand to include much more responsibility. Department head is ready to mentor a motivated candidate.
- Accounts Receivable
- Creates monthly invoices / rental vouchers
- Review invoices for proper coding and approval
- Month end closing duties (AR, AP, Intercompany, Security deposit accts.)
- Makes deposits and accurately post checks to customer's accounts
- Research and solve payment discrepancies for internal and external clients
- Makes adjustments to accounts as needed
- Accurately enters data into software programs
- Ability to run and analyze accounting reports
- Prepare monthly customer statements. Works with Regional Management, and Accounting Management to troubleshoot errors.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Provide high quality customer service at all times
- Assist with other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Skills, Abilities and Experience
- 2+ years of related experience preferred
- Experience in Residential, Commercial property management or related field preferred
- Multi-site accounting experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel a plus
- Strong computer skills – strong preference given to those experienced with Yardi software
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing demands
Essential Job Functions:
- Expense reimbursement tracking
- Flow of funds tracking: money flows at the division of the bank
- Design reconciliations between cash accounts and risk management system
- Vendor bill payments and tracking
- Assist Financial Analysts in gathering and analyzing large sets of quantitative data
- Perform analytics requested by Senior Management.
- Develop and implement reporting efficiencies (including automation) and other process improvements as needed.
- Perform analysis to spot trends in business performance and recommend actions to improve efficiencies and maximize economic results.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply problem solving skills, identify performance of new business segments
- Communicate complex or technical issues clearly and concisely.
- Assist in compliance reporting for any federal and state regulators.
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Proficient with the MS Office suite, particularly Excel. Basic proficiency will be assessed during interview process. Database and/or programming knowledge not required, but is a huge plus.
- Attention to detail and an analytical mind. Will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that all cash flows are accounted for.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, and bank policies and procedures that pertain to your day-to-day job responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all compliance regulations pertinent to your assigned duties by successful completion of any courses assigned on a timely basis.
- Responsible for participating in Bank’s community development program at least one day each year.
- Responsible for adherence to Bank’s Code of Professional Ethics and Conduct as well as observing and promoting compliance with the Code among fellow bank personnel, customers and vendors.
- Prior experience with accounting operations, including monitoring cash flow and receivables, accounts payables.
- Experience booking payments and tracking vendor payments.
The Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.