Database Administrator jobs in Los Angeles
Job Reference number: USA -2005- 28
Database Administrator Jobs Description
Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
What You Will Do:
- Be a part of a TechOps team that manages Work Market’s production system
- Build, maintain, and expand Work Market's database/datastore infrastructure
- Monitor and develop database operation and capacity management plan
- Work with developers on performance monitoring and optimization
- Work with other teams to develop scripts to automate various database operations
- Manage MySQL databases on Linux and Windows platforms
- Maintain databases of all lifecycles (production, QA and development)
- Ensure high degree of database availability with backup/restore, replication and clustering mechanisms
- Establish, document and adhere to best practices in MySQL database administration
- Perform periodic proactive performance assessment for queries and database instances, propose and implement performance improvement tasks
- Provide close database support to engineering teams in building standards, policies and provide training in order to maintain desired database health and performance
- Monitor and support current and future database environments
- Automate database administration and data management tasks
- When necessary, provide database support and perform tasks outside of business hours
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, or 4 years of relevant work experience with some of computer science concepts
- Curiosity and drive to make things happen and make things move faster.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Be a team player and work closely with developers and operations.
- Excellent hands-on experience in designing and administering MySQL databases
- Comfortable with working on on Linux based systems
- Experience with MySQL replication, multiple master, backup and recoveries, failover, and HA implementations
- Solid experience with scripting or programming languages such as Python
- Experience in implementing ETL strategies and processes
- Experience with data modeling and schema optimization
- Experience/understanding of application framework and object-relational mapping (ORM) such as rails, hibernate and django.
- Database and SQL performance tuning, schema refactoring and data migrations
- Solid understanding of security around data at rest - access control, data encryption etc.
- Database performance monitoring and capacity planning
- support and troubleshooting
Nice to Have:
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Experience managing databases in microservice architecture
- Experience with NoSQL or document store
- Experience with others open source DBs as well as Amazon database services
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef etc)
- Good understanding of Data warehouse and big data
Database Administrator Level 2
As a Sr. DBA, your primary role will be architecting and operating the databases that play a vital role in the support of critical platforms and services. You should have prior experience in database operations, design and architecture, administration (monitoring and proactive maintenance, tuning and backup and recovery). The ideal candidate will have a passion for database engines and developing a deep subject matter expertise in database internals and systems integration. The DBA must possess strong ownership qualities and be service oriented. Experience in the game industry is not required, but a passion for gaming is a huge plus.
- Installation, architecture, and configuration.
- Proactive and reactive performance tuning.
- Physical data modelling.
- Issue detection and resolution.
- Development of automation and scripts to perform proactive maintenance.
- Participate in 24/7 operations via on call rotation schedule.
- Backup and recovery.
- Provide leadership and guidance to engineers, architects and additional team members.
- 3 or more years of current administration experience in MS SQL Server.
- Experience in Cassandra, Hbase or MongoDB is a big plus.
- Must possess advanced SQL skills.
- Expertise in storage, servers, operating systems and application interaction.
- Solid understanding and proficiency in Linux is a big plus.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following T-SQL, Python, Java, C#, linux scripting.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.