46 Construction & Maintenance Worker jobs in Beijing
Our Client which is an international company looking for Construction & Maintenance Workers who will be based in China.
Job Reference number: China -7855- 25
Construction & Maintenance Worker jobs Overview:
Under the supervision of the Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or designee, Facilities Maintenance Workers perform maintenance, installation, and related activities, including routine carpentry, painting, plastering, minor electrical, minor plumbing, and installing or repairing locks; they assist with the maintenance of program grounds, including grass cutting, snow removal, etc.; they assist with the moving and transport of personnel, equipment, mail and supplies; they maintain appropriate documentation of such activities.
Construction & Maintenance Worker jobs Responsibilities:
- Performs routine installment, maintenance, replacement and repairs of plumbing systems and a variety of plumbing fixtures such as faucets, sinks, toilets and water heaters.Repairs and replaces steam valves and damaged or leaking pipes and insulates steam lines. Repairs and replaces thermostats, and other fixtures; locates and unplugs stoppages using plungers, snakes, etc.
- Operates and maintains heating and hot water equipment by replacing parts, such as filters and pumps; cleaning equipment; replacing and adjusting components, such as thermostats; and checking oil level in storage tanks
- Performs carpentry activities including repairing or replacing doors, windows, stairs, railings, floors, gates, roofs, and ceilings, furniture, locks, and door hardware; opening locks when keys are not available. Installs window blinds, assembles bookcases, shelves, tables, signs, and modular furniture, cabinets, countertops, and other wood equipment and fixtures including platforms and temporary staging
- Repairs, rebuilds, and assists in installing metal, slate, shingle, and built-up roofs.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of offices and apartments; repairs plaster and drywall; prepares surfaces for painting; paints interior and exterior building structures, fixtures, equipment; strips and paints or stains cabinets, doors, and woodwork.
- Repairs electrical equipment such as overhead door motors, electric ranges, and other appliances; running and repairing electrical cables and wires; installing and maintaining lighting fixtures, outlets, and switches.
- Performs outside grounds maintenance duties such as mowing lawns, trimming bushes, etc., and snow removal as required.
- Assists with the movement, transport, relocation and discarding of furniture, equipment, and supplies as assigned, including the removal of unusable (e.g. infested) furniture and supplies and moving clients’ belongings.
- Adheres to the work request and other departmental tracking systems; follows established procedures and submits documentation in a timely way. Completes all required checklists.
- Operates machine tools, including but not limited to power drills, power saws, lawnmowers, snow blowers, etc.
- Maintains vehicles by performing routine tasks such as changing a flat tire, maintaining appropriate fluid levels, as well as ensuring that the interiors and exteriors of vehicles are clean.
- Performs masonry repairs and installation activities such as installing and replacing tile and carpets as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade; high school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: Two years of full time experience in general maintenance, renovations, construction, or facilities maintenance.
Specialized training in maintenance, construction, or facilities maintenance may be substituted for experience.
Construction & Maintenance Worker Level 2
Typical hours for this position will be Monday to Friday, 7am to 3pm. Candidate may need to work varying hours on occasion as determined by management.
Primary Focus: Working alone or as part of a crew, performs a wide range of unskilled and semiskilled maintenance and repair tasks utilizing specialized hand tools, various types of motorized vehicles, and specialized mechanical and electronic equipment. Activities performed require working out doors in all weather conditions, performing light to heavy manual labor and maintenance work.
Incumbent must model the following established core values: Integrity, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Accountability, Positive Attitude, and Dedication to Service.
Given the nature of this classification’s duties/responsibilities, it has been designated as Non-Exempt under the governing Fair Labor Standards Act regulations and, therefore, is entitled to formal overtime compensation and/or formal compensatory time.
Supervisory Responsibilities: yes
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Essential Functions: Operates a variety of motorized vehicles and specialized mechanical and/or electronic equipment (ie. jack hammer, skid steer loader or other equivalent types of equipment) based on the functions necessary to perform specific job duties.
- Utilizes a variety of hand tools (ie. power drills, wrenches, power saws, paint sprayer, handsaw, air wrench, or other equivalent types of hand tools) based on the functions necessary to perform specific job duties.
- Utilizes computer software to complete work orders, maintains routine records and completes specialized assignments by using job specific software.
- Maintains equipment and ensures equipment is in good operating order. Conducts inventory of supplies and material and informs supervisor of any supply needs.
- Ensures proper utilization of safety precautions; including proper barricades and traffic control devises, and calling in Ohio Utilities Protection Service (OUPS) tickets when necessary.
- Must continuously and consistently demonstrate the initiative and responsibility to work in an efficient and productive manner with or without direct supervision.
- Facilities Specialized Functions: Performs preventive maintenance and makes repairs to HVAC and related mechanical equipment; plumbing and electrical systems; maintaining facilities (doors, windows, ceiling, floors, walls, roofs, plumbing, heating, ventilation, etc.); performing custodial duties; and other maintenance-related duties.
- Minimum Qualifications: High School degree or GED equivalent supplemented with experience in construction and maintenance work, including the operation of motorized, mechanical, and electronic equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in construction and maintenance work.
- Knowledge of the safe and correct use of hand and power tools and equipment common to the maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work to which assigned.
- Knowledge of computer data entry and software programs.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- For members of the Facilities crew: Possession of HVAC certification/licensure is strongly preferred and CNG – Compressed Natural Gas – licensure/certification strongly preferred.
- Positions may require working irregular shifts to accomodate business needs.
- Subject to call in during snow removal operations and emergency situations, which may require working irregular shifts. If called in during such situations, must report to work.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to move, lift, and otherwise transfer equipment and supplies manually weighing up to 35 pounds and up to and exceeding 50 pounds with manual or mechanical assistance.
- Ability to maneuver over and under equipment and in small work areas while performing essential functions.
- Ability to use the necessary tools, specialized equipment, and automotive equipment in the performance of required skills.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to demonstrate dexterity in the use of hands and feet.
- Ability to work under emergency conditions in support of fire and police operations.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring stooping, bending, climbing ladders and stairs, working on roofs.
- Other Requirements: Regular attendance, as governed by and in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, procedures and laws, is regarded as an essential requirement of this classification.
- Compliance with training directives established by supervisory/managerial personnel.
- Adherence to all applicable Federal and State safety laws, rules, and regulations and City safety policies/procedures.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer Relationships: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.