Accounting Clerk Job Description, USA – Base salary 6000 USD per Month
Accounting Clerk job Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compares figures and totals on documents with statement of accounts submitted by accounting department to verify accuracy of documents.
- Receives payments and coordinates with Accounts Receivable Department to ensure payment of freight. Notifies Cargo Checker to examine shipment when discrepancies are found. Checks for discrepancies on accounting records or manifest.
- Plan and coordinate to assist customers with any shipment inquiries or freight release at the terminal/warehouse.
- Coordinator with any third-party on the release of CFS shipments to ensure shipments are delivered to the warehouse on time.
- Check the terminal for freight and customs release.
- Consistently communicate and update customers, overseas offices and steamship lines via e-mail and telephone regarding the status of freight release.
- Manage all aspects of daily bank deposits: scan and file copies of all received checks, maintain log of all cash receipts, utilize remote scanner to process check deposits, prepare related journal entries.
- Maintain accounting records, scan and file supporting documentation for cash receipts.
- Perform monthly audit of cash receipts to ensure journals and all supporting documentation are compliant for year-end audit.
- Research and record daily bank deposits including checks, wires, ACH, drawdowns, returned wires and credit transactions as well as adjustments relating to bank fees, interest and reclassifications of incorrect funds in SAP in a timely manner.
- Weekly reviews of unidentified cash receipts and travel expenses; investigate/ communicate with vendors and/or program staff to resolve in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts including the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, including managing petty cash. Enter monthly journal entries to the General Ledger to assist with completing monthly close.
- Support Pre-paid Debit Card Program
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Maintain accounting databases by responding to new matter requests, creating new vendors, and inputting filing fee check requests.
- Process check requests and check voids.
- Track and record money order activity, ensuring proper client posting of the expense; void and credit if required.
- Assemble various monthly reports.
- Perform back-up activities, as required, at the direction of the Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including:
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs (SAP)
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
Responsible for providing accounting support to accounting supervisors and other managers within the department. Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system, ensures files are complete and maintained as needed, handles accounts payable duties, and assists accounting personnel.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Compile and sort invoices and checks.
- Issue checks for accounts payable.
- Place checks in envelopes and mail out.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Record charges and refunds.
- Support accounting personnel.
- Input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Provide front desk customer service.
- File and tally deposits.
- Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts.
- Match invoices to work orders.
- Process bills for payment.
- Open mail and match payments to invoices.
- Arrange for money to be delivered to bank.
- Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies.
- Contact individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Ensure customers accept payments or refunds.
6000 USD per Month
- Strong attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills – proficient in the Microsoft Suite
- Strong data entry and typing skills
Most employers require a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting to work in an accounting clecrk position. While a bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement, some companies prefer accountants with a graduate degree education. State requirements for a Certified Public Accountant license or certification include a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Proven working experience as accountant or in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Applied Mathematics.
Employment Type (e.g. full-time, part-time, contract, temporary, seasonal, internship).
6000 USD per Month , 72000 USD per year
2000 USD per Month extra – not included in salary
Proven working experience as a accountant of One Year or more
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement, etc.)
Financial auditors and accountants
- accountants supervisor
- accounting controller
- assistant controller
- auditor-CA (chartered accountant)
- auditor-chartered accountant (CA)
- auditor - finance
- auditors supervisor
- audit unit head - taxation
- bank branch accountant
- bank reserves auditor
- bankruptcy trustee
- branch accountant, bank
- budget accountant
- CA (chartered accountant)
- CA (chartered accountant) student
- certified general accountant (CGA)
- certified management accountant (CMA)
- CGA (certified general accountant)
- chartered accountant (CA)
- chartered accountant (CA) student
- chief accountant
- claims accountant
- CMA (certified management accountant)
- computer audit specialist
- cost accountant
- cost accounting supervisor
- departmental accountant
- division controller - accounting
- field auditor - finances
- financial accountant
- financial auditor
- financial control officer
- general accountant
- income tax adjuster
- income tax adviser
- income tax consultant
- income tax expert
- income tax investigator
- income tax specialist
- industrial accountant
- industrial auditor
- intermediate accountant
- internal auditor
- internal auditor - finances
- internal auditors supervisor - finances
- internal audit project manager
- internal audit supervisor - finances
- machine processing accountant
- management accountant
- management accounting chief
- manufacturing accountant
- officer, financial control
- plant accountant
- plant controller
- production accountant
- project accountant
- property accountant
- public accountant
- public accountants chief
- public accountants supervisor
- reinsurance analyst
- rulings officer, taxation
- sales auditor - finances
- senior accounting analyst
- senior cost accountant
- senior intern auditor
- supervisor, accountants
- supervisor, auditors
- supervisor, cost accounting
- supervisor, internal audit - finances
- supervisor, internal auditors - finances
- supervisor, public accountants
- tax accountant
- tax adviser
- tax analyst
- taxation rulings officer
- tax auditor
- tax consultant
- tax evaluator
- tax examiner
- tax expert
- tax specialist