Assistant Manager Job in Dubai
As a result of continuous growth and development, we have a unique opportunity for an Assistant Manager, Accounts Payable to join our team of Finance professionals. Supporting the Manager, Accounts Payable - the successful applicant will ensure the completeness and accuracy of all payments on a timely basis whilst supervising a team.
The following duties and responsibilities will also be undertaken in this role;
- Take responsibility for the department in the absence of the Accounts Payable Manager
- In conjunction with the Accounts Payable Manager, develop, update as required and implement the departmental operations manual including policies, procedures and task lists in line with the overall Resort policies and procedures and relevant Government Regulations
- Ensure all Receiving Records and attached Invoices / other documentation are received intact on a daily basis, reviewed and processed in Accounts Payable
- Ensure any queries on prices, extensions etc. are followed-up and cleared prior to final acceptance for payment
- Ensure payments are made in accordance with agreed credit terms
- Ensure reconciliations are completed between the Suppliers Statements and the Resort records on a monthly basis and that reconciling items are followed-up and cleared on a timely basis, with any items remaining outstanding for more than 30 days or which are of concern are brought to the attention of the AP Manager / Director of Finance
- Ensure all payments required by a certain date are paid on time and that a trace system is implemented and followed accordingly
- Use initiative to query and follow through on unusual transactions and undertake other audit techniques to assist with verifying the completeness and accuracy of the payments
- Assist as required with the annual Budget and ongoing Forecast processes
- Bachelors or Master’s degree required within the field of Finance or related field
- Minimum 2 years Management experience
- Ability to work effectively with a number of software applications
This position requires a dynamic person to join a culture of 80 plus nationalities, where you will be a part of a large team that creates an environment where people strive to do their best. Understanding the company’s vision and demonstrating its core values will be highly regarded.