CSSD Technician jobs in Al Ain & Dubai
Reporting to Department Head, the CSSD Technician is responsible for cleaning and packing all instruments and equipment required for use by Wards, Operating Theatre and Outpatient clinics and contributing to high quality patient care by providing a timely, efficient and high quality sterilization service.
- Understand the importance of prioritized equipment, complete documentation as required, and tracking of items from decontamination through the end user.
- Ensure safe handling and sorting of surgical instruments and micro instruments
- Operates an automatic washer disinfector
- Maintains a clean and safe environment in CSSD following best evidence practice.
- Follows guidelines of instrument sterilization and validation of autoclaves.
- Monitors, maintain and develops standards of sterilizing practice.
- Promotes and adhered to infection control standards
- Understand and applies the principles of sterilization and disinfection.
- Performs duties such as decontamination, packing and sterilization
- Contribute to high standard of service delivery based upon collaborative practice. Maintains closed and open communication with the in charge informing them of any actual or potential issues that could affect the efficient running of the department.
- Recognize the importance of maintaining an atmosphere that facilitates the teamwork and promotes a safe working environment.
- Informs In charge of any deviation from normal, e.g. Spore test, Bowie Dick test, leak test, washer test etc.
- Provide continued in-service and educational training and coaching of CSSD Technicians. Produce and update all Policies and Procedures for the CSSD. Provides technical support to other CSSD's, this may include visiting colleagues in other hospitals
- Produce & manage the monthly staff shift work schedule include the leave process. Ensure that all issues to customers are recorded correctly via the CSSD record sheet system. Assist in the preparation of data collection and output statistics
- Assures compliance with standards relating to operational safety and risk management including infection control aspects. Ensure that all QA checks are carried out and reviewed at the time required.
- Ensure safe and effective use of equipment and other resources
- The Staff will assist in the design and implementation of induction and in-service training programs for Sterile Technicians. The CSSD Supervisor assist in planning for future developments and requirements of the CSSD
- The CSSD Staff is delegated to be responsible for the direct staff management within the department; this will include advising the nursing managers related to the staff issues like disciplinary and evaluation of performance appraisal of the staff. Supervisors also participate in the recruitment, selection & interview process
- Use of recording graphs or printers for sterilization documentation
- Use Of sterilization log and recording sheets
- Associate Degree in CSS Technology minimum of 2 years’ course duration or Certificate in any health related field with certification as a member of one of the following: CBSPD or IAHCSSM
- HAAD/ DHA license as CSSD Technician
- Minimum 2 years’ experience post qualification in related field
- Knowledge of current CSSD practices with strong interpersonal and leadership skills is required
- Good computer skills
- Time management Skills
- Listening Skills
- Communication Skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Change management skills
- Stress Management Skills
- Demonstrates Knowledge and practice of JCI,ISO,HAAD and EHSMS standard
Apply now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org, please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.