45 Fabricator Jobs in New York – Salary $ 2800 Monthly
Fabricator Job Description
Responsible for assembling finished products using tools, machines, and their own hands. Fabricates various types of products. Fabricate and assemble household appliances, automobiles, and computers, electronic devices. Manufacture customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare completed orders for shipment.
Nature and Scope
Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor. Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Study and interpret assembly instructions.
- Listen to directions from supervisors.
- Fabricate and assemble household appliances, automobiles, and computers, electronic devices
- Determine if all parts are present.
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Read parts list.
- Assemble tools and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies.
- Interpret measurements.
- Verify specifications.
- Assemble components.
- Ensure all parts are fitted and screwed in properly.
- Alter dimensions to fit specifications.
- Resolve assembly and production issues.
- Complete preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform repairs as needed.
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Report errors in product line.
- Check stock to ensure inventory is replenished.
- Complete quality control forms.
- Place orders for supplies.
- Participate in product development.
- Build prototypes and test products.
Weld and fabricate components complete by interpreting and analyzing drawing files; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Weld certifiable to ASME Section 9 at a minimum; AWS certification history is a plus
- Welding experience with the following materials: 4140, 4340, A36, 1008-1045, Stainless 300 series with 17-4PH a plus
- Experience with any weld or fabrication fixtures that may need to be constructed in order to meet the requirements of a project
- *Candidate must demonstrate that they have been through the weld certification process
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to contribute positively through availability in overtime, swing shifts, etc.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate and contribute to the company's continuous improvement through the creation and implementation of new processes and practices with regards to machining.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Examines specifications of the customers order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Fabricates work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.