14 Financial Analyst Jobs in New York
Job Reference number: USA -8855- 23
Financial Analyst job Description
This opportunity resides in the Corporate FP&A Planning team within Finance section. You will be part of a team that provides planning support to the SVP Corporate Controller, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). As a member of the Corp FP&A team, you will provide oversight over all aspects of the Corporate Financial Planning process and key deliverables including budgets, forecasts/Triage, and scorecards.
Liase with all business unit finance primes to develop strong understandings and interlocks on new and existing planning requirements
Trend analysis and ensuring interlock between cross business unit operations
Strat Check preparation and support for Corporate Development team
- Excellent working knowledge of Hyperion, SAP and BW
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced understanding of Canadian Telecommunications industry as well as TELUS operations
Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve difficult or complex problems with effective solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build good working relationships with and influence others, at all levels in the organization
- Takes ownership and proactively addresses challenges and issues
- Demonstrates high standards of performance
- Able to plan, manage and execute multiple activities while meeting multiple deadlines
- Strong attention to detail under pressure and ability to work under tight timelines
- Proactive in dealing with issues independently and adaptable to change
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- 1 to 3 years of progressive working experience in a finance/accounting position
- Telecommunications industry experience an asset
Seniour Financial Analysts Jobs
The company is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process services company. We provide high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. The company has over 100+ IP-based business solutions in 40 countries spanning Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas. We are a proven and demonstrated success, achieving an industry-leading track record of on-time, on-budget projects and innovative solutions.
The company is searching for Financial Analysts.
- Ensure integrity of financial results for the client within your responsibility (focused on cost analysis, accrual revision and validation, GL account reconciliation, analysis of actuals expenses vs budgeted vs forecast expenses);
- Analysis and variance explanations on actual vs budget vs forecast;
- Active involvement in budget cycle;
- Active involvement in financial monthly forecast;
- Provide information/support for audit / SOX requests
- Work with Business Unit Financial Analyst to ensure proper accounting treatment of the activities for client base
- Participate in the elaboration and implementation of higher-performance tools;
- Support the Business Unit in the development of Business Case Development for additional client services and projects
- Create ad-hoc financial analysis as required
- Provide ongoing Revenue Forecasts to Business Unit Controller
- Implement changes to contractual financial commitments including annual price performance, COLA, etc…
- Extract and analyse data for invoicing including Volumetrics and SOX reports
- Monitor and provide review of ongoing margins for both both THE COMPANY and the Business Unit level
- Manage Service Level credits and ensure earnbacks are recovered
- Monitor and manage accounts receivable issues
- University degree in Accounting or Commerce
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent skills utilizing Excel and other MSOffice products
- Proactive and curious attitude in financial information gathering and validation
- Autonomous, able to initiate, and personal sense of responsibility
- Excellent organizational and operational skills
- Able to manage priorities and respect deadlines
- Strong capacity to work under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in global highly matrixed organizations
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft & Hyperion
- Knowledge of IT sector
At THE COMPANY, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join THE COMPANY are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, THE COMPANY is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. THE COMPANY offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.