Incident Management Specialist - Highways job
A highly experienced Incident Management Specialist with extensive expertise gained within the Police, Civil Defense or Highways domain is sought to join our team in the Middle East.
Over the past 5 years, Our Company has completed and is engaged with implementing a road safety strategy in the UAE. During this strategy project, a feasibility study was conducted for the creation of a Road Service Patrol (RSP) and supporting Towing Services, which were implemented and are now well established. The purpose of this post is to enable the further development of professional incident management and to provide specialist advice in respect of event planning.
Key responsibilities as follows:
- Further develop the Road Service Patrol with similar functions to UK (Highways England, formerly Highways Agency, Traffic Officers) and US organizations with possible expansion.
- Identify the development requirements for RSP incident management services, including but not limited to; operational procedures, target service levels, vehicle and equipment specifications, staff recruitment, training, process development, data gathering and analysis
- Further develop the RSP/Towing management control systems including key performance indicators and activity recording and the integration with the Traffic Management Centres
- Independently measure, monitor and report on RSP/Towing operational performance , including ad-hoc post-incident investigations to identify best practice and optimize performance
- Convene, record and follow up actions from Monthly Incident Management (RSP/Towing) meetings
- Liaise as required with the Client Project Manager, build trust and personal relations with Client Team, assist with the tendering, evaluation and implementation of the RSP/Towing Service Contracts
- Engage with the activities of the TRL seconded team to further assist the development of road safety and associated issues as required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships between RSP and Incident and Event Management (I&EM) stakeholders, including attendance at I&EM meetings, to assist with the planning and resourcing of events which may impact upon the road infrastructure
- Monitor and maintain the RSP Risk Management Plan and Risk Register
- Extensive experience of working in an incident management capacity for the Police/Civil Defense/UK Highways England or other developed country equivalent service.- in both an operational and strategic capacity.
- Project management and negotiation skills experience
- Leadership experience in complex, organizations
- Arabic language skills
- Basic knowledge of Traffic Engineering, including traffic signals and Variable Message Signs.
- Good knowledge of Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Health and Safety Procedures
Apply now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com, please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.