Materials & Corrosion Engineer job in Oman
Job Reference number: 445859
Our Client which is an international company Looking for Materials & Corrosion Engineer who will be based in Oman.
Our presence in Oman as leading consultancy and long term contract with major clients ensures steady project work and stable employment in the Oil and Gas sector. To meet our expansion plans, we invite ambitious and energetic professionals for our Muscat office in the Sultanate of Oman. A rewarding future and an attractive compensation package await the right candidates.
* Manage the Services aspects of the Contract including provision of Technical Safety Engineering Services in full accordance with Contract specifications.
* Shall report directly to Technical Service Manager
* Provide guidance on the appropriate risk mitigation measures required for Process Safety issues.
* Technical Authority (TA-2) for safety engineering systems including fire / explosion protection systems, emergency facilities, and life saving equipment.
* Disseminate knowledge and/or participation of industry/group led research or developments in the management of Process Safety hazards.
* Contribute to maintenance and update of relevant COMPANY and CONTRACTOR technical safety engineering standards.
* Provide guidance, development and lateral learning to other Technical Safety Engineers in Contractor organization.
* Lead and manage Technical Safety Engineering Contractor staff and specialist Sub-Contractors, including work planning and prioritization, QA, and budgetary control.
* Participate in Reviews and Audits in order to facilitate lateral learning and ensure gaps in the systems are addressed. Execute Accountabilities and Responsibilities identified in the Decision Control and Authorities Framework (DCAF) Matrix of Accountabilities and Responsibilities.
* Specialist experience shall encompass materials selection for large upstream oil & gas projects, corrosion analysis, corrosion mitigation measures, painting & coating specifications, materials failure investigations, welding.
* Shall have experience in all ranges of metallic and non-metallic materials.
* Shall be fully conversant with all relevant international codes and standards.
* Experience shall encompass oil, gas, water, multi-phase pipelines of all classes, Greenfield as well as Brownfield expansion of existing pipeline networks.
* Experience of shutdown tie-in work to existing lines is required.
* Fully conversant with pipeline design codes (API5L, API6D, NACE, ANSI/ASME B31.4, 31.8, VIII, IX).
* Experience with GRE pipelines, hot tapping and stoppling of pipelines
Apply now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org, please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.