Job Reference number:55185
Our Client which is an international company looking for office manager who will be based in UAE.
Office managers are responsible for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office.
They must make sure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
In some organisations the office manager may carry out most of the tasks themselves, while in others they will supervise the work of a team of staff.
Although the work of an office manager differs greatly across organisations, they all have the responsibility for ensuring that their office runs efficiently. Job titles vary and office managers typically enter at office administrator level and work their way up with experience.
Typical work activities
The role varies according to the type of employer, the size of the organisation and the management structure, but activities typically include:
- using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
- managing filing systems;
- developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management;
- recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
- organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
- organising and chairing meetings with staff - in lower paid roles this may include typing the agenda and taking minutes, but senior managers usually have an administrative assistant to do this;
- overseeing the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction;
- ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies;
- carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
- delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output;
- promoting staff development and training;
- implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy;
- writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations;
- responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
- reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
- arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices;
- attending conferences and training;
- depending on the organisation, duties of the role may extend to the management of social media.
specific job duties and job requirements
Office Manager Job Responsibilities:
Supports company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
Office Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Supply Management, Informing Others, Tracking Budget Expenses, Delegation, Staffing, Managing Processes, Supervision, Developing Standards, Promoting Process Improvement, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate office operations and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Serve as the point person for maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Manage office G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide general support to visitors
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.