Project Director Retail job
Job Reference number:558848
Our clients in Qatar are seeking a Project Director to direct, manage and oversee the execution and delivery of a new luxury internationally recognized retail project in Qatar.
This person will be joining the development team at the tail end of the pre-contract phase, the Project Director will be responsible for coordinating the appointment of the contractor and will be accountable for ensuring the successful delivery of the projects through statutory approvals and Operator handover.
In addition to managing a core client side project delivery team comprising a project manager, project accountant and document controller, the Project Director will be responsible for managing and coordinating external service providers including but not limited to the Project Management Consultant, Cost Management Consultant and Post-contract Supervision Consultant.
* A minimum 20 years of relevant experience
* A minimum 10 years of experience (5 of which should have been performed in the GCC) in senior management roles as either project director or senior project manager delivering large complex projects in a post-contract role
* Recent GCC experience delivering projects in the luxury retail sector, advising and working collaboratively with senior stakeholders
* Familiarity with Qatari Statutory requirements including Civil Defense and Municipal Approvals
* A strong understanding of department store and luxury fit-out construction principles
* Demonstrable ability in leading large and diverse stakeholder groups
* Relevant tertiary education in construction management, project management, engineering or architecture
* Keen understanding of hotel projects and their operational constraints
* Depth of knowledge in program and project planning, scheduling and budgeting, interior and base building construction techniques, operational readiness, and contract admin
* Experience with the preparation of Requests for Proposals, Tenders and Tender closing/award procedures
* Excellent English written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project), word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software applications