Quality Engineering manager
Job Reference number:186744
What You Will Be Doing
This individual will be responsible for supporting quality engineering requirements for new product development activities, customer quality approvals, production support and continuous improvement efforts ensuring continued certification to applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations, and Department of Defense (DOD) Regulations.
This position will also function as primary liaison for various customers in order to resolve quality issues, ensure appropriate flow down of quality requirements, enable positive channels of communication, and ensure customer satisfaction, i.e. maintain an effective corrective/preventive action system for internal and external problems.
Day to Day Activities:
- Manage supplier assessment, qualification and performance of supplier base, which includes assessing, and qualifying new and existing suppliers through on site audits and monitoring receiving inspection performance. Manage/interact with suppliers/distributors on quality issues.
- Perform contract reviews for new customers/products by reviewing customer purchase orders, product/quality specifications and any other documentation to ensure delivered products meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Implement and maintain a quality management system (QMS) by flowing down customer/government quality clauses & requirements into internal procedures, i.e. a sustainable QMS that supports Business Unit objectives via ISO 9001/AS 9100 certifications.
- Review Engineering Orders and participate in new design product/design review in order to ensure quality requirements are identified and captured in appropriate documentation.
- Timely problem identification & resolution of production line work stoppages to support customer on time deliveries.
- Manage teams in areas of quality management/operational excellence in a high volume and diversified manufacturing environment.
- Represent Quality Engineering on new product development teams and smoothly transition new designs into production.
What You Need for this Position
Minimum 8-10 years’ experience as a Senior Quality Engineer or Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment required; Aerospace manufacturing environment is preferred (knowledge of FAA 14CFR Part 21 and FAA 14 CFR Part 145 requirements).
- Experience managing a team of direct or indirect reports preferred; multi-site management experience and/or international management experience a plus.
- AS9100 Internal Auditing.
- Prior FAA DMIR training/certification, as well as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience are a plus.
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; manufacturing process controls; solid organizations skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
- Strong computer skills are a must- experience with Oracle and Lotus Notes Databases are a plus.
What's In It for You
Direct reports: Yes
So, if you are a Quality Engineering Manager with Aerospace manufacturing environment experience, please apply today!
Lean Manufacturing Techniques
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.