Senior Audit Manager Job
Job Reference number: 445524
Our Client which is an international company Looking for Senior Audit Manager who will be based in UAE
1) To provide geographic and governance stakeholders and committees with:
a) A single point of contact in the country with respect to Group Internal Audit (GIA);
b) GIA's view on significant risks within the country and an assessment as to whether these risks are being adequately managed and escalated if appropriate;
c) An overall assessment on the state of controls within the country; and
d) An assurance as to whether the Geographic Management model has been implemented and is operating effectively.
2) Providing, oversight, guidance and support to manage an effective Country Audit function that:
a) Provides independent assurance to relevant stakeholders on the state of the Country control environment and control discipline.
3) To provide GIA internal stakeholders with:
a) Country Risk Assessment factors to enable the functional audit teams to determine their detailed audit plans;
b) An assessment on the appropriateness of the audit plans from a geographic perspective. Contribute to the development of the overall GIA audit plan and approach, based on the inherent risks/ knowledge on the country concerned; and
c) An anticipatory approach to risk assessment to GIA by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication in order to improve audit planning.
4) To provide Regulators with:
a) A key point of contact within GIA in their country; and
b) Proactive and reactive communications to regulators in their country;
5) To provide external auditors with:
a) A single point of contact within GIA in their country; and
b) Proactive and reactive communications to external auditors in their country.
6) Providing (in the case of Area Heads) oversight, guidance, management and support to the other Country Heads of Audit, in addition to all the above.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process.
* Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder communication and monitoring of external environment to improve audit planning.
* Monitor the implementation / delivery of the agreed audit plan for the country / region as assigned; understanding the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved.
* Attend key Country governance meetings on a regular basis.
* Review country MIS regularly.
* Update country annual risk assessment at the required intervals.
* Participate in the development of an annual audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year. Annual audit plan should cover all activities of the country, including any local subsidiaries, and regulatory audit requirements.
* Meet with other managers and business heads, senior GIA members to discuss needs and propose audits, to build stakeholder requirements into department plans.
* Ensure plan is developed to meet the Regulatory, Group & Group Audit Committee's expectations.
* Oversee and provide quality control for the department's audits, to ensure departmental mandate and business goals are met and that professional standards are maintained at all times.
* Ensure the timely execution of audit and assurance assignments to provide independent, objective assurance to the Group Audit Committee.
* Ensure GIA methodology is adhered to.
* Ensure Country Audit activity is sufficient to meet the requirements/expectations of local Regulators.
Issue Resolution and follow up
* Ensure issues raised are appropriately resolved in a timely manner.
* Ensure appropriate follow up of issues and escalations where appropriate.
Reporting, Communication & Engagement
* Ensure final reports are issued with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group.
* Delivery of Country/ Area MIS in respect of the activity undertaken.
* Conduct / attend regular stakeholder meetings - business heads, function heads, governance heads.
* Provide key stakeholders in the country with GIA reports as required.
* Provide Regional GIA management with regular value added reports and updates which identify key emerging risks.
* Provide governance stakeholders with regular value added reports and updates or as appropriate.
* Provide local regulators with audit reports and other information as appropriate (this may include localizing an audit report which has a larger geographical coverage).
People Management & Development
* Demonstrate strong leadership and is able to effectively manage Country Audit teams.
* Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
* Provide ongoing feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth.
* Motivate and inspire the team by providing them with the information and tools they need to do their jobs well and meet customer expectations.
* Deal with performance issues, discipline as necessary and address poor standards, ensuring department targets and customer satisfaction is not compromised.
Improving the Practice of Audits/Championing Risk Management
* Build relationships with leaders across the region/ Group to understand issues and identify areas for improvement for the organization as a whole.
* Support and encourage team members to be proactive in identifying opportunities to share best practice to improve the control environment; make recommendations to Region/ Group.
* Provide assistance to the business in meeting regulatory requirements.
* Keep abreast of developments in Corporate Governance practices and advise the business accordingly.
Qualifications & Skills
* Institute of Internal Auditors or equivalent finance qualification (ACCA, CPA, etc.) with Internal Audit experience.
* Significant (7+ years) experience in Internal Audit roles with extensive experience in auditing wholesale banking products.
* Is able to lead and manage people effectively; strong planning and organizational skills.
* Strong team player with ability to work effectively with diverse client groups and teams.
* Is a strong communicator with an ability to gain the respect from their teams, peers and with senior business stakeholders.
* Is confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues with senior managers in a proactive and professional manner; Decisive; Influencing and negotiation ability.
* Is self directed and able to work with minimum supervision; escalating issues in appropriately and in a timely manner; Strong analytical and evaluation ability
* Is willing to travel for approximately 20% of time, on an as needs basis.
* Is an ambassador for the SCB Brand internally & externally.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Apply now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org, please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.