Senior Hair Stylist job
Senior Hair stylist must have experience and knowledge in cutting, colouring and styling for specialized treatments and special occasions, such as wedding and graduations. The Senior Stylist must be aware of current trends in the hair styling arena so as to remain competitive.
The Senior Stylist will have strong leadership and training skills, being responsible for training her team on new skills and styles. She will work hard to ensure repeat business and grow the profitability of the Hair Salon.
- Performs a broad range of beauty services, from colouring and cutting hair to performing scalp treatments.
- Typical duties include: hair colouring, shampooing, cutting and styling hair.
- Other hair treatments such as deep conditioning, permanents and weaving.
- Typical duties include shampooing and styling hair, and hair treatments, including deep conditioning and hair coloring.
- Works with a variety of hair lengths, types, and textures.
- Recognizes hair and scalp problems - recommends appropriate treatments.
- Maintains a safe working environment for both guests and staff. Identifying any areas of concern and reporting these to the Salon Manager, for the necessary remedial action to be taken.
- Maintains and sanitizes hair cutting tools and salon instruments in accordance with the Business Unit’s Standard Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Uses clippers and scissors along with straightening irons and combs to manage her work.
- Determines guests’ individual requirements by conferring with them in detail.
- Provides information to guests regarding the type of care treatment prudent for them.
- Provides appropriate post-cutting guidelines to guests.
- Manages hair oiling and massaging services.
- Provides demonstrations and training to staff as required.
- Oversees the team to ensure that the Business Unit’s Standard Operating Policies and Procedures are followed at all times.
- Supports the Salon Manager and Assistant Salon Manger with overseeing the team.
- Ensures the team adheres to the grooming standards in place.
- In conjunction with the Business Manager’s, assists in setting sales targets.
- Ensures her team is fully briefed on the sales targets and motivated to achieve/exceed them.
- Assists the Business Unit’s Manager by ensuring her team takes full responsibility for all treatments and product sales.
- Motivates team to encourage new and existing guests to return.
- Motivates and trains her team in the up-selling of treatments and products – ensuring they are confident and knowledgeable about all of the Salon’s products and services.
- Remains aware of competitors’ activities, particularly within the GCC and ensures Dressage remains at the forefront and leading edge of this business segment.
- Assists with the stock inventory to ensure stock levels of all products and consumables are maintained as necessary.
- Advises management of any faulty equipment and follows steps to ensure it is repaired or replaced.
- Researches and identifies new opportunities for service enhancements.
- Deals professionally with any customer complaints to ensure guests remain happy with the Salon’s services.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Business Unit (Salon) Manager
- To work both independently and in a team, Focus on training, networking and identifying areas of growth for the Salon.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Have excellent inter-personal skills in building strong relationships with guests.
- Excellent English – written and spoken, Customer focused and passionate about the hair industry.
- Self motivated and detail oriented, 3 Years experience as a Senior Hair Stylist.
- Relevant qualifications from a reputed Hair Styling College/Salon.
Apply now & Send Your CV on: email@example.com, please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.