14 Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Jobs in New York
Job Reference number: USA -8855- 101
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer General Procedures
The Health company is world renowned for innovation and a focus on quality care and outcomes. The remarkable range of specialties places VCH at the forefront of career destinations for Nurses, Sonographers, Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Mental Health professionals and many other health care and allied professionals. Launch an exciting career with us where you can apply your skills and develop new ones alongside some of finest practitioners. Come for the job. Stay for the team.
Job Title: Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, General Procedures
Medical Sonographer JOB SUMMARY:
Performs abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, and small parts ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices. Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system, preparing patients for specific procedures, and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques.
Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certified or Sonography Certified.
- Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for Diagnostic Medical Sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, and small parts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform sonographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Job Title: Seniour Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Jobs
The Health company is seeking to hire permanent, full time Ultrasound Technologists for our Hospitals.
District Hospital is an 88-bed, community hospital offering inpatient, obstetrics, and emergency services. This position works closely with the Radiologist, Physicians, and Emergency Department Staff.
The Diagnostic Imaging Department is quite busy. Workload primarily consists of Abdomen, Gyne, Small Parts, and Limited Doppler Studies; no Echo. The Ultrasound Technologists works Monday through Friday, with weekends and statutory holidays off.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, verifies and processes requisitions from physicians for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations.
- Organizes workload according to exam priority and equipment availability.
- Prepares patient for diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations by performing duties such as explaining procedures and contraindications, verifying relevant patient information, ensuring consent for examinations, etc.
- Performs all diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations (such as obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, small parts, neurosonography, and echocardiography). Performs related calculations and technical analysis to aid physicians in the interpretation of scans.
- Works collaboratively with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals incorporating best practices.
- Participates in and provides input into quality improvement and risk management procedures and processes.
The Health company offers
- An exceptional place to work. We are recognized as one of Top Employers for 2015
- 100 percent Employer Paid Benefits Plan
- Generous vacation entitlement
- Generous Pension Plan
- Opportunities for On-Going Education and Career Development
- Safe and welcoming communities
- Relocation Allowance Assistance
Come and join us! We are committed to team work, empowerment, innovation and quality. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Graduate of a recognized/accredited Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
- Current certification with Sonography (formerly CARDUP) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.