Structural Design Engineer jobs in Dubai
Job Reference number:85658
STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Our client is a prestigious conglomerate established more than 160 years. They are headquartered in Austria and expand their operations throughout Europe, Middle East and Asia. The company is known for their legendary projects in steel structures, glass engineering, bridge construction and other infrastructure works.
The organization is looking to appoint an experienced Structural Design Engineer who will be responsible in designing, planning and overseeing the construction of new buildings, bridges or other structures. This individual is primarily concerned with designing buildings and structures that are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they will be exposed. The position is based in Dubai, UAE
DUTIES AND RESPONSOBILITIES:
• Making decisions related to design issues
• Design input and advisory for Project Manager/Engineer
• Coordination with Project Managers ongoing technical issues
• Reporting to Department Manager in regards of work progress
• Following up with Project Consultant Engineer and Resident Engineer
• Project technical analysis and design structural assessment to propose optimal solutions
• Project value engineering
• Liaison and coordination with other designers, engineers and architects to produce technically, financially and aesthetically optimized design
• Examining structures with technical flaws and advisory how to improve their structural integrity,
• Preparation of structural calculation models in engineering software, design calculations and technical specifications
• Working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyze results of soil investigation and in situ tests.
• Liaison with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected building structures are structurally sound.
• Providing expertise for structural assessment of existing structures
• Using computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for design simulation purposes
• Checking and comparison of requirements between project contract specifications, B.O.Q and drawings for design purpose, identification inconsistencies and clarifications with consultant.
• Attending meetings dedicated to design related issues.
• Ensuring liaison and supervision with Site Engineers to avoid any work conflict.
• Supervise draftsman for the preparation of shop drawings and other submittals to avoid any delay on site.
• Following up with procurement department regarding material availability for design purpose and attending meetings with suppliers/subcontractors to supervise compliance of their work with design requirements.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE:
• Graduate in Structural Engineering
• 5 years minimum experience
• Knowledge of computer software like Staad Pro, AutoCAD, RFEM, RSTAD and other design tools.
Apply Now & Send Your CV on: firstname.lastname@example.org,
please keep in mind that must write Job Reference number in your email as Subject.