Tooling Engineer job in Cape Town
Job Reference number: 457812
We do everything possible to sustain our culture of innovation and we are seeking a Tooling Engineer Supervisor to manage and support division wide and multi plant projects. In this key role, you will develop processes for new tooling and develop a tooling center of excellence.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Change the World: We solve the tough problems most companies won’t or can’t solve
- Growth opportunities
- Join an exceptional team of brilliant minds
What You Will Be Doing
You will work across multiple plants and recommend design improvements and identify opportunities for incorporating new technologies to support our manufacturing.
Your role will include:
- Continuous improvement activities, new product or process introductions and cost reduction projects.
- Act as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) in areas of material, process and/or equipment related to Tooling
- Design and generate mold drawings for production molds
- Approve all mold designs from outside designers and mold manufacturers
- Manage Construction of new tooling – tracking to project metrics of cost and timing, reporting progress to project teams.
- Technical drawings and specs to Automation vendors and department for designing new automation systems
- Developing our Technology roadmap as you stay updated on latest technology advances in Tooling)
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5+ years in a tooling engineering role
- 5+ years of experience with injection molding process development and debug
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Yellow Belt Performance Excellence training.
- Track record of delivering results
- Project team leadership
- CAD experience, preferably Solid works
We’d be really delighted if you have:
Masters of Science (Engineering or Applied Science)
RJG Master Molder Training
Green Belt Certification
What's In It for You
we offer a competitive, comprehensive career development, and generous benefits program, that reflects the company’s commitment to supporting your financial, career development, health, and life goals.
We are eager to fill this position with the right innovative mind. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today.
- Injection Molding
- Solid Works
- Project Leadership
- Tooling roadmaps
- Managing IP related to tooling
- DOE - Designed Experiments
- Plant Safety